The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a Coordinator, Database Production reporting to Director, Database Standards and Procedures.
CASE is a global not-for-profit and membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Its mission is to inspire, challenge and equip communities of professionals to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. Advancing education in over 3,700 member institutions, CASE has 88,000 individual members in 82 countries.
Broad and growing communities of professional practice gather under the global CASE umbrella. Currently these include alumni relations, development services, digital, communications, fundraising, government relations, marketing and web. Individual members are at all stages of their career and may be working in universities, schools, colleges, cultural organizations or other not-for-profits. CASE membership also includes many corporate partners. CASE uses the intellectual capital and professional talents of an army of volunteers to advance its work.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE works across all continents from its regional offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City. CASE works to achieve a seamless experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers and staff. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make the ambitious OneCASE aspiration a reality.
The core functions of this position include publications support such as adding and maintaining publications products in the Personify system, updating product information and pricing, fulfilling backorders, monitoring reports, setting up POS warehouses and creating point of sales batches. In addition to publications support, this individual will be responsible for database cleanup, integrity report follow up, organize staff training on Personify, act as internal Personify helpdesk liaison, and create training materials as required.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Publications Support Functions
1. Add new publications products to the Association Management System.
2. Update prices and product information in the AMS.
3. Fulfill backorders and mark books as shipped
4. Monitor a daily report to weed out fraudulent book orders initiated on the website.
5. Set up a point of sale warehouse for conferences when needed.
6. Create point of sale batches per onsite staff person.
AMS Integrity Functions
1. Work closely with the Director, Database Standards and Procedures on data clean-up projects as assigned. These may include eliminating duplicate records, editing records to reflect standards for entry as agreed upon by the Data Management Committee, cleaning up institution rosters, etc.
2. Run periodic integrity reports to help identify areas of non-conformance to standards.
3. Liaise with the AMS vendor as needed to organize and execute bulk updates, addition of fields, new configurations, etc.
Training and Helpdesk Functions
1. Coordinate and assist with staff training on the AMS system.
2. Coordinate and assist with the creation and dissemination of “how to” videos for staff and customers, as needed.
3. Act as key helpdesk staff for the AMS system.
Fiscal Management/Budget Responsibilities/Judicious Use of Resources
1. Exercise fiscal responsibility in the utilization of all CASE resources.
1. Collaborate with CASE colleagues in other parts of the world to ensure the best sharing of ideas, expertise and knowledge.
Performs Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned by the Supervisor
Education and Experience: Associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree preferred, and 2-3 years of work experience in a responsible customer-service environment required.
Skills and Abilities: Must exhibit superior customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively with a variety of customers. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills necessary. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database programs required. Personify experience preferred. Ability to work independently and in a team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. This document represents a description of intended job content, and should not be construed in any way to be a contract of employment.
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply. Applications MUST include a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements and/or salary history indicated on the cover letter. Applications without the required skills and experience or salary requirements will not be considered. Preference may be given to applications received by June 22, 2018.